Thursday, August 3, 2017

Carousel Drawing

Hello Everyone!

Today I'm going to share a new drawing I created recently (see below). One day when I was looking through summer related pictures, I saw a picture of a beach umbrella and got inspired to draw one myself. As I finished drawing the outline of the top half of the umbrella, I thought it would be kind of cool if I incorporated the umbrella into my drawing, but actually drew a carousel instead. So, I got out all my art materials and set to work. I also looked up a couple pictures of carousels so I could get an idea of what type of general shape I was supposed to get. When I did that, I realized that carousels usually have a pointed top (like a tent). But, the top of mine was a dome shape because of the umbrella outline. However, I didn't erase that outline, because I thought it would be interesting to see what I could come up with using the dome shape for the top. My end result is shown below.

I am pretty satisfied with the end result, even though the carousel turned out a little crooked. Also, I feel like my drawing looks more like a design/ornament type thing than an actual carousel because of how I rounded the edges, but I feel like that rounding the edges complimented my drawing in many ways because it gave it a more "complete" look. I also like that the lettering (I used some letter stencils) helped make my artwork look more polished.

Here are 3 takeaways from this experience that I think would help all artists:

+ it's not bad to change your mind when creating something
+ be creative. Make your artwork the way you want it. Even if you use the internet or other resources for inspiration, throw in some of your own uniqueness into what you create.
+ try new things. It's never too late to experiment even when you're creating a masterpiece. Your masterpiece could be better than you even imagined it to be...

-Silvia

No comments:

Post a Comment