Wednesday, June 22, 2016

" A Summer Dance"

Hello!

I know this is more of an artsy blog, but I would also like to share some writing with you occasionally. After all, art is defined as the expression or application of human creative skill and emotion. I’m sorry if my first post makes it seem like art is only drawing and things like that (the main focus of my blog is about that part of art), but art really expands to all sorts of things like painting, literature, music, dance, etc. I love to write, so I will share some of my works with you throughout my posts on this blog. Today, I’m sharing a poem.

“A Summer Dance”

Trees sway with the gentle breeze,
and leaves dance,
sometimes swaying side to side,
and other times showing off their beauty,
by gliding,
twirling,
and bowing,
always catching the radiant sunlight,
and changing from shades of lime,
to crisper and darker shades of green,
differing like a disco ball,
coming to life.


http://www.simpletoremember.com/images/uploads/tre11s.jpg

I wrote this poem just a few minutes ago, while I was looking at the leaves of trees outside my house glittering in the breeze with the help of sunlight. I want to ask you guys what this poem meant to YOU. There are so many ways that I am interpreting this poem- I can connect it to nature in general, emotions, personal life, and so much more. I will write a follow up post in a couple of days talking about my interpretations of this poem, but in the mean time I would really love to hear from you. Everyone thinks differently, and I would love to get a variety of thoughts. Thanks for reading and I hope you’re having a great summer (if you’re living in the northern hemisphere) or winter (southern hemisphere). Where I live, it’s summer and I’m having a busy summer full of many great activities that I’ll tell you more about in a later post. Thanks again, and I look forward to hearing back from you in the comments about my question to you.

-Silvia

No comments:

Post a Comment