Thursday, June 30, 2016

App Review: Fresh Paint

Hi!

Today I'm going to be reviewing an app called Fresh Paint (Microsoft app). I'm pretty sure this app is only available for Windows, and the good thing is that it's free!

Source
This is probably one of the coolest apps I've ever tried out! Fresh Paint allows you to create artwork without even having to physically have art materials out. Not only can you start with a blank canvas and work to create whatever you want, but you can also upload an image onto a canvas and work form there. How cool is that? Also, this isn't just limited to painting/paints. You can use other materials too such as oil pastels and colored pencils. This is literally almost like your entire art set in one efficient app. I've mainly tried out the painting part of this app, because I love to paint and I find it so fascinating that my artwork looks like I  painted it with actual paints and brushes. Also, I find it more easier to paint than work with pastels or colored pencils because I use my computer mouse for this, and things can get a bit messy with those mediums. For painting, there two different types of paints you can choose from: watercolor and acrylic. There are different options for brush size, and you also have the option of creating custom colors using a color wheel and can blend colors together. The best part is that there is a fan at the bottom of the screen, and that really helps you with layering colors. It's like real life, except it speeds up the process. If you wanted to have your background be blue and wanted to paint a sun on top of it, in real life you would probably have to wait about 5-10 minutes until the blue dried before painting a yellow sun on top of it. With this app, you can have the drying process occur within seconds by simply clicking the fan. It's so easy!! The one concern I have with this app is that I don't think there is a way to add typed text to artwork- I wish there was, because it would be helpful for doing things like writing the title in the corner, name signing, and more. Below, I've included a painting I created using this app. Doesn't it look like I actually painted it?


What is your favorite art related app? Thanks for reading!

-Silvia

No comments:

Post a Comment