Monday, August 6, 2018

Online Photo Editing

Hi Everyone!

We all love to edit our photos. Let's face it. We may want to get rid of something that doesn't look too nice, change the filter, add overlays to an image, touch things up, etc. However, all of this can't be done with the basic features given on our smart phones, iPads/tablets, etc. So, we have to use other methods (such as the internet or an app) to accomplish this. I know people who have Photoshop can easily do this, but for those who don't, there are other alternatives. Today I'm going to give you some websites where you can edit your photos online for free. *Note: there are free options and paid options on each of these, so if you really like one of them and can afford it, I would recommend going with the paid option.

1. PicMonkey: This is probably my favorite one! I use PicMonkey to edit almost all my photos, and to also design blank canvases. I really like how organized the options on PicMonkey are, and find it very easy to add overlays, text, and do all the other things I need to do. You can start with a custom blank canvas (you pick the size) or upload an image and begin from there. There is a paid option in this called Royale which is better in that it has nicer options, but I use the free version when I edit my pictures. However, they currently have a 30-day Royale free trial you can sign up for . I personally think PicMonkey is the best for designing and jazzing up your pictures. The one complaint I have is that the website is pretty slow, and this can be kind of frustrating when you're trying to add text or overlays to your image. Once, the website froze, and whatever I was working on got lost so I had to restart it over again (I was not very happy). In summary, the free version of PicMonkey is great for doing basic designing and editing, but you need to be patient when using it.

2. Canva: I haven't played around much with Canva, but I can tell you it's pretty nice from the experience I've had. I tried this out for my first blog, and really liked that there were a lot of graphics to use (for free). It also worked a lot for faster and efficiently than PicMonkey. However, unlike PicMonkey and Pixlr (below), you need to set up an account even if you're going to use the free version.

3. Pixlr: I have never actually used this before, but many people say that you have a lot more control in the editing you're doing by using this over other choices. It's kind of like paint.net for those of you who have used that application. There are a few web apps you can launch for free and use- the different apps do different things.

I hope you found this helpful, and thanks for reading!

-Silvia


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like and appreciate your post.Thanks Again. Keep writing.
    clipping path

    ReplyDelete

  3. Very helpful information!Thank you so much for the detailed article

    background removal service

    ReplyDelete