Saturday, August 25, 2018

Summer Reads 2018

School re-opens soon for me! Did any of you have a summer where it felt really boring when you were only a few weeks into it, but towards the end, you feel like it just flew by? I always feel that way to some level. However, my summer was pretty engaging this year and I didn't feel too bored. Anyways, since summer vacation is drawing to a close, I thought it would be a good idea to talk about some of the books I read over break. I don't think I've posted about books very much on this blog, but my old blog used to be all about books, so I want to incorporate some of that into this blog too. Here we go!

1. Paranormalcy by: Kiersten White
This was one of the first books I read this summer, and I thought it was a really fun read. I read the whole book in one sitting, because I was so hooked! I really liked all the characters and their roles. If you choose to read this book, be prepared to indulge in a world of fantasy and excitement, with creatures having all sorts of powers and abilities.
Rating: 5/5 stars
2. I'm Glad I Did by: Cynthia Weil
I read this book early in the summer, and also did a review of it on this blog. If you missed it, here it is. Overall, I thought this was a great book. I liked how interesting and hooking it was, so if you choose to read it, be prepared to not put the book down until you're done with it. That's all I'll say for now, but if you want to know more about the book, check out my review of it.
Rating: 4.5/5 stars
3. Four by: Veronica Roth
If you're a Divergent Trilogy fan and still haven't read this book, you're missing out! This book contains a bunch of short stories that are in Four's POV that take place before and into the beginning of the Divergent series. You'll learn a lot more about the mysterious Four,  and his choice to transfer from Abnegation to Dauntless and how that impacts him. The version of the book I got also contained 3 exclusive scenes told in Four's perspective that occurred in Divergent.
Rating: 4.5/5 stars
4. The Selection by: Kiera Cass
I've read this book many times before, and I read it again this summer. This is my favorite book out of the whole Selection series. For those of you that haven't heard about the series, it's about a girl that is basically forced to enter a competition called the "Selection", where girls from the country have to compete to become the princess (eventually Queen). This book and series is very good, so you should definitely read it if you haven't already.
Rating: 5/5 stars
5. Percy Jackson and the Olympians by: Rick Riordan
Ok, I know this is a series and not an individual book. But, this is probably my favorite series ever (I've read the books like a million times each), so I had to include it. If you've never read any of the books in this series before, you should definitely start reading them ASAP. Start from the first book, and you'll probably read the whole series. This series in general in about Greek Mythology coming to reality with demigods, and you should definitely try the first book.
Rating: 5/5 stars
6. Anything But Ordinary by: Lara Avery
I just finished reading this book last week, and I have to say it's pretty interesting. It's about a girl who gets into a coma (read the book to find out how), wakes up five years later, and learns that things in her life have changed A LOT. I thought the concept was pretty cool, but the actual content of the book was okay.
Rating: 3/5 stars
Ok, that's it for today! I read more books, but this post would go on for a while if I talked about ALL of them. If you would like be to review a particular book, please feel free to say so in the comments and I'll get back to you if that's something I can do.
Thanks for reading!
-Silvia

2 comments:

  1. DA ANNI INDAGATO DA PROCURA DI MILANO, PROCURA DI LUGANO, SCOTLAND YARD LONDRA, FBI NEW YORK, POLICIA CIVIL DI PORTO SEGURO (BR).

    É DAVVERO PEDERASTA ED OMICIDA: PAOLO BARRAI DI CRIMINALE TERRA BITCOIN (O CRIMINALE TERRABITCOIN CLUB)! IL LEGHISTA DELINQUENTE LUCA SOSTEGNI, ARRESTATO, SCAPPAVA IN CITATA PORTO SEGURO (BR), OSSIA, GUARDA CASO, DOVE IL KILLER NAZISTA PAOLO BARRAI HA RICICLATO PARTE DEI 49 MLN € RUBATI DA LEGA LADRONA!

    (ECCONE LE PROVE
    https://oneway2day.files.wordpress.com/2019/01/indagatoaiutalelisteciviche.jpg
    http://www.rotadosertao.com/noticia/10516-porto-seguro-policia-investiga-blogueiro-italiano-suspeito-de-estelionato
    http://noticiasdeportoseguro.blogspot.com/2011/03/quem-e-pietro-paolo-barrai.html )

    É TRUFFATORE, PEDOFILO ED ASSASSINO: PAOLO BARRAI, NATO A MILANO IL 28.6.1965 ( O TRUFFATORE, PEDOFILO ED ASSASSINO: PAOLO PIETRO BARRAI, NATO A MILANO IL 28.6.1965). DI CRIMINALE TERRA BITCOIN (ASSOCIAZIONE CON INTENTO DI FOTTERE, FREGARE, SPENNARE POLLI VIA INTERNET, IL TUTTO VIA NAZIFASCISTA SITO TELEGRAM) E CRIMINALISSIMO BLOG MERCATO LIBERO, ALIAS "MERDATO" LIBERO! INDAGATO, AL MOMENTO, DALLA PROCURA DI MILANO. COME PURE DA PROCURA DI LUGANO, SCOTLAND YARD LONDRA, FBI NEW YORK, POLICIA CIVIL DI PORTO SEGURO (BR).


    HA RICICLATO 21 MLN ASSASSINI DI NDRANGHETA, IN FALLENTISSIMA ICO EIDOO (INSIEME AL MALAVITOSO NATALE FERRARA DI REGGIO CALABRIA O MALAVITOSO NATALE MASSIMILANO FERRARA DI REGGIO CALABRIA, DA DECENNI PUNCIUTO, OSSIA AFFILIATO UFFICIALMENTE ALLA NDRANGHETA, COME PIURE INSIEME AL MALAVITOSO TANTO QUANTO PAOLO CARDENÁ DI FREGA SOLDI BLOG VINCITORI E VINTI, COME PURE INSIEME AL MALAVITOSO TANTO E STRA QUANTO STEFANO BASSI DI FREGA SOLDI BLOG IL GRANDE BLUFF ED INSIEME AL MALAVITOSO FEDERICO IZZI, NOTO COME "ER ZIOROMOLO DELLA CAMORRA", LI VEDETE TUTTI IN FOTO QUI https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-6WRXJQbHe08/WSBR0uTrMLI/AAAAAAAAY2g/L8c3w9GGr3wpG7yWxBBeOohzhWa7iJ7uQCLcB/s1600/18558610_10156258698827281_4591948382498991167_o.jpg )

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5
    A fra non molto via altri miei miliardi di scritti che prepareró!
    ANDREAS NIGG , VICE PRESIDENT AND HEAD OF ASSET MANAGEMENT. PRESSO SAFRA-SARASIN BANK ZURICH
    https://citywireselector.com/manager/andreas-nigg/d2395
    #PAOLOBARRAI #PEDOFILOPAOLOBARRAI #PAOLOPIETROBARRAI #BARRAIPEDOFILO #COSTANZABARRAI #RICCARDOBARRAI #BARBARABORGONOVO #VINCENZOBARRAI #BSIITALIASRL #TERRABICOINCLUB #TERRABITCOIN #FEDERICOIZZI #STEFANOBASSI #PAOLOCARDENA #NATALEFERRARA

    ReplyDelete