Saturday, July 8, 2017

5 Ways to Design a Basic Leaf

Hello Everyone!

Today, I thought I'd share another drawing tutorial with you. Along with writing posts, I've also been making some changes to my blog regarding its physical appearance and features. My friend helped me by putting up a contact form that you can contact me through if you have any questions, comments, or concerns, and you can also follow this blog by email to not miss out on any posts. I just wanted to make sure everyone was aware of this. Now let's get going with the tutorial!

Have you ever had to draw leaves and felt that the standard leaf template that most people use (shown in the image to the left) is getting too boring for you? I have a solution! I've created 5 ways to design a basic leaf. Hopefully, this tutorial will give you more ideas on how you can design your leaves to look more unique and fun! For all the designs, I've used a basic teardrop shape for the leaf portion (see below). I haven't added a stem for any of the designs I created, because that part is really easy for anyone to do.




1. Leaf with Leaves
This design may seem a little hard, but it's really not. Notice that it's basically a couple of rectangles with basic leaves on them (teardrops with a line through them). Simple, but elegant.

2. Grid
For this one, you can really get creative and color in your squares in a way that can make your leaf pop. I recommend sticking to a pattern, and continuing that for the whole leaf like I did above.

3. Checks and Dots
This is a really easy way to deck up your leaf! Try out other designs to fill in the spaces if you like this format and get bored of the checks and dots.

4. Leaves Within a Leaf

This again is very easy. Just teardrops, lines, and dots.

5. Flower Power
Are you drawing leaves for a flower? Then this is perfect for you. It's fast, easy, and will give a very nice look. You can even fill in the blank areas with polka dots or something else if you want.


That's all for today! I hope you got some inspiration. I would recommend that you sit down and doodle a bit. Combining different designs that you liked from these 5 designs will definitely help you create a more interesting and pretty looking leaf.

Which design did you like the best?

-Silvia

No comments:

Post a Comment