Wednesday, July 26, 2017

The Water Lily Pond by: Claude Monet

Hello Everyone!

Source
"The Water Lily Pond" by: Claude Monet is one of my favorite paintings! I really like floral-type paintings and designs, so I love this. A little background: this is a part of a series of paintings Monet painted of different views of the water lily pond near his property in Giverny, France.  Monet is part of the impressionism art period, which originated with a group of 19th-century artists in Paris. Characteristics of impressionist art include small, but distinctive brush strokes, focus on lighting (many impressionist painters have created many versions of the same painting through different lightings), pure colors, and more. Above is one version of the painting. I'm pretty sure there are versions where the lighting is brighter.

I decided to create a simple version of this painting (below). It is not nearly as detailed as the original painting, and I added some additional elements to the one I created. This probably only took me around 6 hours to complete (I worked on it for two days, for only a couple hours each day).


That's all for today! Thanks for reading!

-Silvia

No comments:

Post a Comment